CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday...


to me. Yup, I am 29 years old today. I had a really nice day. It was a hard day, but a nice day. I woke up and worked until about 2pm and then went to the gym and worked out for about an hour and 20min. That felt so good. Had to come back and work a few more hours until the daycare closed, but afterwards I packed up the kiddos and my neice and we headed to Tacoma for dinner at Sakura's Japanese Steak House. It was good. Table of 13 seated and fed. I got some great gifts to put into my savings stash for a new kitchen table I want. I also enjoyed a lovely Happy Birthday song sang wonderfully, and loudly (VERY loudly) by Emily and Stephanie's boyfriends! Yeah me! It was funny though. My good friend Angela came to dinner and it was great to finally see her and hang out with her. We need to do it more often.

Today was kinda hard for me too though. It was the 1st year in 29 years my dad wasnt around for my birthday. As I opened cards I got to my moms card and only seeing my moms name signed at the bottom was hard. I miss my dad, a lot. We always made eachother crazy. We bickered a lot back and forth and he would make me INSANE with his smoking but I loved him more than anything. He was my dad and he was a good man despite his temper at times. I know he loved me and I loved him. It was just hard not seeing his name on that card.

I miss you dad!! I love you!!

Thank you to my mom, sisters Christine, Steph, Emily, Kam, Dan, Angela, Nathan, Breonna and Camden and my husband Floyd for the wonderful dinner out and great gifts and flowers. It really was a nice evening out and a great ending to a nice 29th birthday!! I just wish dad could of been there too.

4 comments:

Missy said...

The first year is always the toughest when someone close to you dies. Sorry hon!

On a lighter note...enjoy the last year of your twenties!!!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear your birthday was good. It's awesome to be surrounded by so much family on a day like that. I know you missed your dad a lot but I hope being with the rest of your family was comforting.

rosebud said...

He was there in spirt I truly believe that Nicole. I was glad I got to be there and celebrate with you and yur family. It was alot of fun

rosebud said...

Nicole I am glad you had a great birthday. I was so glad I could be there to celebrate it you and the family. I know you miss your Dad, but I truly believe he was there is spirt celebrating with us. He was probably singing with Cam and Dan too. LOL Happy Birhday to my very best friend