CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Three weeks ago yesterday


Camden was born at 9:39am. I cannot believe it has been 3 weeks already. The time has gone by much too fast. I have tried my best to be able to slow down and remember to sketch every minute that passes with him in my mind and on my heart. I have tried my best to not say "I can't wait until Camden can do this or that". If I say it, then it will happen in the blink of an eye and I will of been sure to miss everything else in between. Enjoying every single moment is what I am trying to do. Even when I am so darn tired of not sleeping I just keep thinking eventually this won't happen anymore and I will be wishing it still did. There is something about having the peace and quiet of the still night in the house and it only being Camden and I awake. There are nights he will lay awake wide eyed just starring and I as tired as I am I just love it. Camden can hold his head up really well. He loves to sit up and stare at things. Camden almost looks like he is perplexed by the blankness of a corner on the wall. He will sit starring at it, scrunching and relaxing his forehead, opening his mouth and then shutting it. All reflexes I am sure but adorable nonetheless. Tonight while Floyd and I were in bed watching t.v. Camden was awake, wide awake and just starring at us. He would fix his gaze on something and just stare. I love it. Silly huh?
For his baby shower he was given a rain forest crib toy. It hangs on the crib slats so its at his level. Anyhow, he loves it. He loves the noises, the lights and movements. He laid and watched it tonight for a good 15min before he passed out. This morning at 4:50am he was wide awake and I was exhasted so I laid him in his cradle and turned it on. He watched and eventually fell asleep because I didnt hear a peep out of him until 7:30am.

Halloween will be here in a few days. I have hopefully recruited my mother to come over and hold Camden while I pass out candy and while Nathan and Breonna go with Floyd to trick-or-treat. I don't really "need" my mom here. I have passed out candy for many, many years at home while Floyd took the kids around the neighborhood. I actually just want her here. I want her here to be with Camden. I love seeing her with him. He is growing up so fast and even though we only live roughly 30min from my parents its hard to make the trip into Tacoma often. I just want my mom here to share in his life and be there. She is an amazing mom to me and a wonderful, wonderful Grandma to Nathan and Breonna and now to Camden. I just really want my mom to know him and love him and I want him to really know my mom, my dad and my sisters. Our next step is introducing Camden to Floyd's mom and dad.

Well I am off to bed. Its getting late and Camden is squirming. I will post his 3 week picture sometime this week to this post, so check back for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture is sooooooo cute!!!

aundrea2u said...

OMG your baby is so so precious please enjoy every last minute.