CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2008 has come and gone. It seems like we spend so much time preparing for Christmas. The shopping, wrapping, sending out cards, holiday parties, preparing to mail boxes,put the lights up, the tree up, Santa pictures and so much more. We stress about what we need to get done and what we havent gotten done and then in the blink of an eye it is all over with. This year I ended up wrapping ALL our Christmas presents on Christmas Eve morning, wrapped more into the afternoon and once we got home from my parents I still had a few to wrap. After wrapping ALL those gifts, I looked at the clock and realized it was after midnight and in just a few short hours all those nicely wrapped boxes in shiney, colored paper would be torn to shreds. All the hours of work put into wrapping those boxes only to have them ruined.....the good part was seeing my family light up and be so thankful for what we each recieved. (Next year I will wrap sooner so I can enjoy the pretty boxes!)

The Powell Christmas was a great one. We spent this year with our newest family member Camden. Nathan and Breonna as they have gotten older are more understanding of what Christmas truly is about. While the gifts are wonderful they know that the gifts arnt what Christmas is ALL about.

Nathan and Breonna got some really nice gifts from family and friends. We got to spend time with my side of the family on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I think the BEST part of Christmas 2008 was having Roger, Floyd's dad here for another year to celebrate with us. We are truly blessed to have him still here with us. Roger told me on Thanksgiving "I know I am sick, I know I am supposed to die, but Nicole I will live another 10 years!!" And if I must say so myself I think he really will too!

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year! This year was even more special. Camden is here. My sisters,their boyfriends, my mom, my dad, Nathan, Breonna, my husband and myself all just dote on him. He is not lacking for arms to hold him or hugs or kisses. The child whimpers and 5 people flock to see what they can do to make him smile or coo at them.

Here are some pictures from this Christmas 2008. Nathan and Breonna of course, run from my camera. I am sure one day Camden will too. Since he can't now, I will take as many of him as I can!!


Camden on Christmas Morning 2008!

Camden and Uncle Kam. This is Aunt Emily's boyfriend!

Camden and Aunt Stephanie on Christmas Eve

Papa and Camden on Christmas Eve (my dad!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, once again. I love the one of your dad and Camden.