CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pliko P3 and Prayers


Well here is the stroller we will be buying! Exciting, I know. No worries, only I am excited. My husband is not excited at all about driving to pick it up. But, the stroller is 399.99 new and this lady is selling her nearly new Pliko P3 Peg Pergeo for $125.00 to me. I am very excited about it and this will be a great stroller to use for the daycare kids and hopefully for our own adopted or through IVF. However Floyd tells me that I will want a new one when we have our own or adopt. Which is probably correct, but for now....
On a sad note Floyd's father who has been battling cancer is not doing so great. He hasnt been doing well for several years now and by the grace of God has been living much longer than the Doctors said he would. At his inital diagnosis he was give 3 to 6 months to live, that was over 5 years ago. Then a year ago he was put on hospice and we were told he would live about 6 months . Well a year later he is still alive and moving. He has gained some weight (a lot really) and has stopped smoking. Roger (Floyd's dad) is this amazing man. Roger helped Floyd and I out a lot when we first got together. Today we got a phone call from Sue, Floyds mom saying Roger's cancer has spread to all over his body, which is not good. He will start chemo again. Please say a prayer for him. I think all we have left is prayer and miracles right now. Roger truly is someone who is just this amazing man. You'd have to be to go through all this. I worry about my husband a lot. His dad has been his everything. I can't imagine my life with out Roger and I know for certain Floyd can't either. I just worry about Floyd so much during this. Of course I am trying to prepare myself for the worst and praying, just praying that we can make it through this together. I pray that God gives me the strength to help Floyd and the kids through this. I pray God gives me the courage to walk the path with my husband, the kids and his mother to a speedy healing process. I pray God gives Roger more time on this earth. I pray that people find a cure for this horrible, awful, life altering disease. I just pray that someone in one of those research studies figures it out tomorrow or the next day so we can have our Roger back. I suppose things like this happen for a reason, I am not sure what reason that is yet. Soon maybe we will find out.
I wish Floyd would come to church with me and the kids. I need him there and want him there with me, beside me. I can't make him go, but I can pray he will go with us. We together have so much to be blessed with and so much to continue to pray for......his dad being someone we need to pray for.
Say a little prayer for us and for his dad.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new stroller... love the deal you got on it even better!

You know I'm praying for Floyd and his Dad. I hate cancer!!!!!!!!!!!