CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Day!

Enjoying the sun was top on my list today! I did NOT want to see my kids sitting on the computer or watching TV all day and I certainly did not want to be stuck inside doing laundry and cleaning something I do daily! I could not decide when Floyd left for work what we were going to do, but I wanted to do something, anything really.

The kids and I decided to head to the Pt. Defiance Zoo...apparently so did several other people!! We drove around for about 30min TRYING to get a darn parking spot. We gave up and headed to Fort Nisqually. I had not been there in several years and Nathan was more than happy to go. Breonna was unsure of what it was so we drove past the zoo and made our way there and there was TONS of parking,we parked right smack in the front (guess it is because everyone and there mom was at the Zoo)! Got Camden in his stroller, got the diaper bag, paid and actually we had a good time in there. They have added more things to do. There were people (actors) there re-creating a lot of the things that happened back then. Nate and Bree got to play with the toys from "way back then", as Bree calls it and we got some cute pictures to share too! Camden had a great time too. He was carried through 90% of it due to us walking in and out of the little houses! Carrying 16lbs is not so fun!!











After we left Ft. Nisqually Nate and Bree wanted to see if we could find parking for the Zoo again so we drove past it and nope, a million other people were there. In fact people were parking on the sides of the roads making it near impossible for two cars going the opposite way to get past one another. I drive a Ford Expedition so my hurking beast was not easily maneuvered around there. We gave up and headed for the Go Karts. Nate and Bree loved it and rode them twice. Camden enjoyed watching them zip past us too!!





1 comments:

Missy said...

Where are the smiles!??!?!?! I was just complaining to Howie yesterday that I never see Jake with a smile in a picture anymore...what is with that!??!!? Smiles won't hurt them!!!! lol