CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving thanks for what you are thankful for

Today the daycare kids and I were doing a craft where they had to tell me what they were thankful for. Many of the kids said sill things like " toys, dolls, pudding, rocks and tissues" a few of my older kids said meaningful things like "mommy, dad, a sibling or an animal". It of course got me to thinking about what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for:

* A warm home to live in. There are so many people losing their homes right now and I am very thankful to have ours.

* Kelli,John and Zack. They are Camden's birthparents and brother. Without them we would not have Camden. I can't imagine life without Camden at this point. I am so thankful to John and Kelli. I don't think I will ever be able to express, show or tell them how thankful I truly am.

* My health. I have struggled with my weight for years now. But I am still around and kicking.

* My husband. Floyd is my everything. He truly does try his best to be there even when I am being a little nutty. I thank him for that.

* Nathan and Breonna. Without them I wonder if I would be who I am today.

* My father in law. He is still after all these years fighting a losing battle. But I am thankful he is trying his best to continue to fight.

* My job. Even when I feel like I could scream and run away I am thankful I have my job still. There are many people losing their jobs and I am so very grateful to still have my job. I guess that would be mean I am thankful to the parents who continue to bring their children here into our home.

* My parents. They are so amazing, so supportive and so loving. Through the adoption, through everything they have ALWAYS been there with NO strings attached. My parents are amazing people and I hope to be that for Nathan, Breonna and Camden.

and last but not least...

* My life. Overall it is just a wonderful one. Filled with tons of ups and downs, joys and sorrows, hardships and wins, wonderful family and friends and so so so much more.


Tell me what you are Thankful for this Thanksgiving year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm, hellooooo! Did you forget something!?

Nicole said...

??? I am thankful for Michelle...even though I never see her anymore :)