CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Iron Chef

Last Friday I was asked by Breonna's school PTA to come and be a "taste tester" for their Iron Chef cooking thing. I was excited to go. I had not heard anything about it, but I was happy to leave work for a few hours and be a "judge" and taste some cool new foods.

When I got to the school there was a line down the hall into the main lobby of the school of children holding their food entry. I was a little leary seeing all the desserts being labeled but no worry, there was bound to be more things there. After about 20min of watching the line of kids slowly come to a hault we all moved into the cafteria. Camden was with me and he was passed out so I was good to go. When Anita (the lady running the Iron chef) announced there were three different areas and they were 1. Pies 2. Cookies and 3. Other I *knew* right away I did NOT want to be in the "Pies or cookies" area to judge. I just have this thing about chocolate. It is not my thing and all the pies and cookies were of course chocolate. I opted to be in the "other" catagory. Well I got all the paperwork I needed and headed to my section and I about friggin died. I was in chocolate HELL. The other section was a ton of chocolate desserts and I had 25 of them to "try". All but ONE was chocolate. It was horrible. I wanted to leave, or cry. It was too late to ask to be in another section because the other two sections were just about done. They only had about 4 to 10 entries. I was screwed......I taste tested WAY too much chocolate. Some where pretty good others were so nasty! There was one I tried with two other moms and we all about puked. It looked like a brownie platter with blue frosting on top, it looked okay. Then as I was biting in I knew I was in for it. I bit into something chewy and gooey. The other moms looked just as ill as I was feeling...I couldnt bear it anymore and I spat it out into a napkin. I had to look to see what I bit into and it was FRUIT someone put FRUIT into a brownie...chewy fruit! It was a chocolate FRUIT CAKE!

Well an hour later and three bottles of water later we were done. We added up the points, gave our bonus's and low and behold my best friend's daughter won! Check out the winning entry here on Michelle's blog

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Molly and Lexi!! And yeah for you for linking something!!