CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Today is the last day of school....

Today is Nathan and Breonna's last day of school. Coming home with them will be a ton of unused school supplies, art projects galore, and assignments the teacher has kept for the year. That is the one thing I hate about the end of the school year. All the "stuff" that comes home with them. Unopened markers, crayons, packs of paper, peechees, etc. We spend probably 70.00 to 80.00 on school supplies each year per child. We make sure we get all the supplies on both lists, run from store to store and then even during the start of the school year we make more trips back to the store for the items that werent in stock or the supplies the teacher forgot to add on to the list..... and all for it to come back home in June! What really cracks me up is the fact that each year their grade level supply lists change so the unused supplies from last year arnt needed/wanted for the new year. Teachers!


So Breonna attended her year end Choir party. They did a potluck BBQ at the school and played her favorite sport, baseball. She very much enjoyed it. She really is an excellent baseball player.


Here is a picture from their last day of school. Overjoyed and all...

This will be Nathan's last year of wearing uniforms as he will offically move on to Jr. High School fo the 7th grade. How totally scary! Breonna will spend another 2yrs in the Elementary School, very aware of the fact that she will be wearing a uniform for the next two years.

It really does seem like yesterday that I was meeting Nathan at his kindergarten classroom. He insisted on taking the bus from daycare to school on his first day. I remember getting to his classroom and seeing the huge spaghetti mark on his new yellow shirt. First day of school and first impression of us looking like slobs. It was a great feeling. I remember trying my best to cover it up with his name tag. It still looked awful...he had a great first day of kindergarten. He loved every minute of it and its all he talked about that day. He was up and ready the next day at about 6:10am, and hour and half before I needed to even think about getting up and 2 hours and 15min before the bus even arrived...he was eager to go and still does enjoy school! Breonna's first day of kindergarten was so hard. I remember Floyd and I both took her there. We dropped her off at the door and she said good-bye to us. My mouth was on the floor..my baby was leaving me, for SCHOOL! I was the only parent standing outside the classroom window crying like a fool. Floyd trying to pull me away and now I kinda feel dumb. Breonna enjoyed her first day of kindergarten too, talked about it for the rest of the day and then the next morning came and I told her to get dressed and ready to go. She replied "uh, why? I already did school. I'm done now. I grad-ju-mated, I can go back to Sandy's (daycare) now" Life was a total shock for her from then on...she was a big girl and she was going to be at school everyday for the rest of her life (or so she say...)! Since then every school morning has been a similar battle...ugh!

0 comments: